Completing post-install setup for the Fund Allocations Smartpack
These steps should be completed after installing Fund Allocations for the first time in your sandbox or production instance. For instructions on installing the SmartPack from the AppExchange, see Installing the Fund Allocations SmartPack.
Edit or Confirm Fund Settings
The settings for the Fund Allocations SmartPack can be found on the Fund Settings tab in your Salesforce instance. See the explanations below for more information on what each setting controls.
Fund & Allocation Settings
Note: If labels are missing on Opportunity Record Types setting (pictured above) and Privileged Users Setting (on right side), follow these instructions before proceeding below: https://kell.screenstepslive.com/s/smartpacks/m/81464/l/1120150-update-labels-for-fund-settings-if-missing
Some of these settings (especially Apply Allocations to) have wide-spread effects on how the Fund Allocations SmartPack functions. Be sure to think through ramifications before changing these settings in your Salesforce instance.
- Choose whether you will be allocating funds at the opportunity or at the payment level. For more help on making this decision, see Should I allocate to Opportunities or to Payments?
- The fund that you choose here will be applied to all opportunities (or payments) automatically. You can leave this blank to always manually assign funds and can also set default funds on a campaign for more granular control.
- Uncheck this if you are allocating by payment or in certain advanced scenarios when allocating by opportunity. When checked, this prevents you from creating multiple allocations between the same opportunity and fund
- When checked, you will not be able to create allocations for more than the amount of the opportunity (or payment)
- You can exclude certain opportunity record types from automatic allocation creation
Export & Post Settings
- When checked, you will not be able to mark an opportunity as posted until its Stage is a Closed/Won stage (like received or posted)
- When checked, you will not be able to mark a payment as posted until it is Paid
- When checked, certain fields (like amount and stage) on records that are posted. For more details, see What fields are restricted once a record is posted? (forthcoming)
- You can choose users here that will have the ability to reverse records that have been posted and to edit fields that are otherwise restricted on posted records.
Update Page Layouts
Once the package is configured, you will need to make sure that relevant fields and buttons are visible for your users. See the sections below for details on our recommendations on what fields to add to your page layouts.
Update Campaign Page Layouts
Add the Default Fund field to your campaign page layouts. If a default fund is specified on a campaign, all gifts associated with that campaign will be automatically allocated to that fund.
Update Opportunity Page Layouts if allocating by Opportunity
You will need to make these page layout adjustments to every page layout that you are using. In standard NPSP usage, this is six page layouts.
You'll want to add the Primary Fund field and the fields in the Posting Information section to your page layouts. This gives you a snapshot of the amount allocated and posted and reversed status of the opportunity and child payments.
You can decide whether to add the payment-related fields highlighted in yellow here. When allocating to the opportunity, you may or may not end up posting payment records (depending on your bookkeeping procedures). If you do not intend to post payments, then remove these fields from your page layout.
You will also need to add the Allocations related list to your opportunity page layouts. When adding the related list, remove the standard New button and include the custom Manage Allocations button on the related list.
Update Opportunity and Payment Page Layouts if allocating by Payment
When allocating by payment, you can choose whether to add the Posting Information section to your opportunity page layouts (see the above section for included fields).
You should add the Primary Fund field and the fields shown here in the Posting Information section on your payment page layouts.
You will also need to add the allocations related list to your payment page layout. Disable the standard New button and add the Manage Allocations button to the related list.
Disable native NPSP GAU Allocation functionality
See Disabling native NPSP GAU Allocations for more details.