Using the Export/Post tab (Payment allocation)
The Export/Post Allocations tab can be used to export a spreadsheet of allocation information that can be used to reconcile with or import into your accounting system. Once records are exported from the Export/Post tab, those records can be posted or reversed in bulk as well.
Open the Export/Post Allocations tab
You should see the Export/Post Allocations tab from within the Fund Allocations app. If not, you can select it by opening the app switcher on the left-hand side of the tab bar.
The Export/Post Allocations page is divided into sections, detailed below. Once you have selected records, an action, and an export template you can export and post or reverse records at the bottom of the page.
This article is intended for organizations who are allocating to the payment object. The export and post functionality on this page will behave differently depending on whether your organization has set up the Fund Allocations package to post to Opportunities or Payments.
For more information on that distinction, please see Should I allocate to Opportunities or to Payments?
Posting/Reversing to Payment
- Posting or reversing payments will post/reverse both the payment records and all allocations associated with those payments.
- The export template will contain a single row for each allocation associated with payments in your source report. Columns are determined by your export template
Posting/Reversing to Opportunity
- Posting or reversing opportunities will post/reverse the opportunity only. Both the child payments and allocations connected to those child payments will not be effected by the posting or reversing action.
- The export template contain a row for each opportunity in the report. Columns related to payment, opportuinity, account, and campaign objects in the export template will render in the order defined in the template. Columns related to allocation and fund objects will repeat for each allocation connected to any child payment of the opportunity. For example, an opportunity that has two child payments, each with two allocations, will have four columns for each field defined in the export template (eg. Allocated Amount 1, Allocated Amount 2, Allocated Amount 3, Allocated Amount 4)
Find Records to Export/Post
First, you will choose a report that contains the opportunities or payments that you wish to export, post or reverse.
- Select a report folder
- Then select a report within that report folder
The selected report should be in a tabular format and must contain a column that has either Opportunity or Payment Ids (depending on which object you choose in the Process options
3. Select whether to post or reverse and which object you want to take action on.
This process selection will determine which records are posted or reversed, as well as how the export template defined later in the page is interpreted.
Define Export Settings
In this section, select an export template and choose whether to export formatted or raw data.
- A formatted data export will result in a file that retains some data formatting, especially around dates
- A raw data export will result in a file with no additional formatting around dates
Export and Post or Reverse selected records
Once source data and an export template have been selected, the page will process the source report and display the records in the bottom section of the page. You can select some or all of the record and then Export or Post/Reverse them. Note that currently you must perform at least one export before you can post records.