Creating single gift receipts
Single gifts receipts can be issued from the opportunity or the payment level depending on the settings you have configured in the receipt settings page. Those settings will also determine if receipts will be issued automatically by the package or manually from an individual gift or from a list view. If you have set the package to also deliver eligible receipts via email then the package will generate and delivery the receipt at the same time. The key to the package is the ready to print field on the record that you will be issuing the receipt from. If the ready to print field is not YES then the package will not issue the receipt either automatically or allow a user to generate it manually.
Before the ready to print field equals Yes the following conditions must be met:
- Stage is Closed
- Forecast category is Won
- No Receipt check box is not checked
- Receipted <> “Receipted“
- Amount >= Minimum Receiptable Amount as specified on Receipt Settings page
- Opportunity Record Type is not included in Non-receiptable Opportunity Record Types as specified on Receipt Settings page
- Opportunity Type is not included in Non-receiptable Opportunity Types as specified on Receipt Settings page
- Receipt Contact field on the opportunity is populated
- Receipt Contact must have a mailing address
- If receipt is to be emailed, receipt contact must have an email address.
Once the following conditions are met receipts can either be generate one at a time, or by the schedule or enmass.
Opportunity/giving record required fields
Manually issue individual receipts
When you want to issue an individual receipt for a single gift. Check to see that that the ready to print field is equal to Yes (1) and the Receipt Contact (2) is populated. Then click the Generate New Receipt button (3) on the receipt installment related list.
If the Ready to Print field is not Yes, then the other values maybe:
- Already Receipted - The gift has been receipted previously or the legacy receipt number is populated with a receipt number from a legacy system.
- No Receipt Allowed - The no receipt checkbox = True.
- Not receiptable due to low amount - The gift amount is below minimum receiptable amount set on the receipt settings.
- Not receiptable due to record type - The opportunity record type is not receiptable according to the receipt settings
- Not receiptable due to type - The account or opportunity type is not receiptable according to the receipt settings
- Donor information missing - Either the organizational account or the donor has a missing or incomplete address.
Once a receipt has been generated the following fields are changed:
- Ready to print = Already Receipted
- Receipted = Receipted. This is the receipt status of the gift
- Receipt Acknowledgment contains the receipt number
- Receipt date is the date the receipt was generated.
The Receipt Installment related list contains a link to the receipt object where the PDF of the receipt can be found.
Related receipt record
The related receipt object contains the PDF version under notes and attachments.