Receipt Template Settings
The receipt template assignment tab in the receipt settings is used to set the rules regarding when a specific template should be used, based on donor, donation or campaign information. You want to set the priority based on the most restrictive filter criteria with top priority (level 1) and each priority following with less restrictive filter criteria till you have the least amount/no filters applied.
Receipt Template Assignments Tab
Click on the receipt template assignment tab and click Add New Template Assignment.
- Receipt Template (API) Name - This will be the name of the Receipt template you have created.
- Receipt Number Format - This corresponds to the stack numbers you defined on the Receipt Setting tab
- Email Template (API) Name - The package includes one email template already set up or you can choose to create your own template and specify it here. You can create additional email templates from the Salesforce settings.
- "Org-Wide Email Address", "Email Sender Name" and "Email From/Reply To" - You define who emailed receipts come from and reply to. You can either select an Organization-wide email address (this address must be pre-defined in your salesforce settings) or allow the email to come from the running user and only modify the appearance of the "From" name. In both cases, you can select a custom "Reply-To" address.
Setting assignment criteria
First select what type of receipt you want to apply the rule to: Single Gift, Recurring Gift or Event Receipt
Next Click "Add Filter"
For Single Gifts you can apply a filter from:
- Opportunity or payment
For Recurring Gifts you can apply a filter from:
- Recurring Donation or C&P Recurring
For Event Receipt you can apply a filter from:
- C&P Transaction
If you enter values in multiple above fields these will be AND filter criteria. The package will look for results that meet all the criteria specified and if nothing is found will move to the next priority template assignment.